Conference on Rings and Factorizations 2023
The conference continued a series of ring theory conferences in Graz from 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2021. It included Special Sessions dedicated to Prof. Matej Brešar and Prof. Sophie Frisch on the occasion of their 60th birthdays.
A poster is available for download.
- Slides for some of the talks can already be found on the program page. We are adding more as we receive them. If you want your slides added, replaced, or removed, please email email@example.com.
- Some pictures.
The main subjects include:
- Multiplicative ideal theory: ideal and module systems, star and semistar operations,
- Dedekind, Prüfer, Krull, and Mori rings and their generalizations,
- Noncommutative rings and algebras,
- Rings of integer-valued polynomials,
- Topological aspects in ring theory,
- Factorization theory in rings and semigroups,
- Direct-sum decomposition of modules.
- Gyu Whan Chang (Incheon National University, Korea)
- Jim Coykendall (Clemson University, SC, USA)
- Marco D'Anna (University of Catania, Italy)
- Felix Gotti (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA, USA)
- Roozbeh Hazrat (Western Sydney University, Australia)
- Alessio Sammartano (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
- Dario Spirito (University of Udine, Italy)
- Francesca Tartarone (Roma Tre University, Italy)
- Jurij Volčič (Drexel University, USA)
Scientific Advisory Board
- Pere Ara (Autonomous University of Barcelona/CRM, Catalonia, Spain)
- Matej Brešar (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Alberto Facchini (University of Padova, Italy)
- Marco Fontana (Roma Tre University, Italy)
- Sophie Frisch (Graz University of Technology, Austria)
- Franz Halter-Koch (University of Graz, Austria)
- Bruce Olberding (New Mexico State University, NM, USA)
- Irena Swanson (Purdue University, IN, USA)
Organizers: Charles Beil, Laura Cossu, Victor Fadinger, Alfred Geroldinger, Florian Kainrath, Zahra Nazemian, Mara Pompili, Balint Rago, Andreas Reinhart, Daniel Smertnig, Qinghai Zhong (AlgNTh group).
Administrative Support: Thurid Coll, Anna Legenstein.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.